Offshore Company in The Isle of Man - Incorporate in The Isle of Man
Fletcher Kennedy are specialists in the incorporation of offshore companies.
The Isle of Man is a self-governing British crown dependency, located in the middle of the northern Irish Sea. The Isle of man has been many years a popular and tax efficient location to register companies.
The political system revolves around the Tynwald, a bicameral legislature consisting of the lower house (House of Keys) and upper house (Legislative Council). While the UK is responsible for all matters of national defence, the parliament legislates all internal matters wholly independently, including policing.
As neither a full nor associate member of the European Union, all EU benefits for the island stem from its inclusion in Protocol 3 of the UK’s EU Act of Accession, namely goods trade with the rest of Europe free of tariffs. Capital and services, however, continue to have levies surcharged. Transit for EU citizens to and from the island is without restriction. The island is not a member of the UK Commonwealth.
Language and Demographics
The working language of the island is English, though officially Manx Gaelic, with a 2006 total census population recorded at 80,000. A third of the population resides in the island’s capital, Douglas. In terms of familial origin, half the island claims manx roots, with the remainder split between the constituent territories of the UK – England, Scotland & Wales - and Ireland.
While Isle of Man citizens are UK citizens de jure, given that relevant UK laws in the area are binding upon the Island, as a non-EU member, rights of free transit, employment and establishment across the EU are not automatically conferred on IOM citizens.
Our Services Available
Fletcher Kennedy are able to offer you the following services in facilitating the shaping of your ideal investment/tax-efficient offshore vehicle:
- Company Incorporation
- Company management and administration
- Full advisory services: Ltd, LLP, Trust & Foundation
- Local banking facilities
- Compliance and risk assessment
- Corporate structuring
- Statutory & management accounting, VAT & payroll provision
- Yacht registration & management
Isle of Man Commercial Entities
Structure, requirements and benefits
- Registered office on the island compulsory
- Two ‘natural persons’ as directors required
- Directors’ details publicly accessible
- Company secretary required; annual return declaring directors, shareholders etc must be filed
- Minimum issued share capital of 1 GBP; minimum of one shareholder
- Shareholdings can be ‘held in trust’ anonymously by a corporate stakeholder
- Annual accounts must be prepared and available for statutory inspection, but are not required for public filing
- Zero taxation applied in the following areas: corporation, capital gains. inheritance
- Zero stamp duty payable on private and commercial property transactions
It is important to note that the island falls under effective UK VAT regulation, and as such any VAT-registered IOM company will benefit from a UK i.e. ‘GB’ VAT number, hence facilitating quick recovery of the VAT element on major capital outlay i.e. yachts, aircraft
LLPs, Trusts and Foundations
We can also incorporate/set up IOM LLPs, trusts and foundations, all with equally significant tax advantages over similar UK constructs; please enquire directly for more details
If you do find the answer to your question or would like further information please contact us
Order Secure On-Line
Isle of Man - Frequently asked Questions
Isle of Man - Prices and Fees
Bank Account for Isle of Man Companies
For more information about the Isle of Man and our services please click here.
If you would like further information or want to discuss any aspect of incorporating offshore please contact us